Go Back   Adult Webmaster Message Board > Adult Webmaster Board > Cheaters Exposure

Old 05-24-2005, 06:33 PM   #11
IvanM

hehe Xsiteu
Your discusion in icq is a fulish opinion.
its a best sponsor i deal
Old 05-24-2005, 08:44 PM   #12
Paco

Send a message via ICQ to Paco

I am seriously sorry to read about the amount of traffic you've lost - it is very concerning.

Have you approached/contacted any of the big wigs @ Extreme Paychecks?
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:47 PM   #13
ChrisExtreme

Send a message via ICQ to ChrisExtreme

Instead of making assumptions, that we at Extreme Paychecks would do anything to cheat our affiliates, it is very easy to contact us and we would be more then happy to answer any and all questions.

The page you are seeing is a default 404 page. Anytime a link is broken that is the page you will see. Recently we have been working to improve our gallery import tool to make it easier for webmasters to grab our hosted galleries and list them on your tgps (and link lists). Well unfortunately some of these galleries were mistakenly deleted. We have been through each and every link to make sure they are working and if not we replace them with a new gallery right away.

If anyone comes across any broken links I can be reached on ICQ at 157524867 and by e-mail at chris AT extremepaychecks.com. Not to mention that we have a support page inside of Extreme Paychecks and we have a webmaster support forum also. So we are not hiding from anyone and we certainly are not "cheating fucks." I apologize for the inconvenience and like I said it was not done intentionally.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:25 PM   #14
Paco

Alothough I wish it was for better reasons for your visit; I want to you, Chris, to AWM.

I truly hope you and xsiteu can work things out: I understand how upset xsiteu is/was, and somewhat understand his reaction/actions, but (as stated in one of my previous posts) I believe at the very least one attempt at contacting you/EPC should have been made, as I always believe in giving people A chance.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #15
Yahook
Administrator
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Yahook

Welcome to the board ChrisExtreme
Old 05-24-2005, 09:39 PM   #16
Extreme John

Send a message via ICQ to Extreme John

First off I want to say hey everyone. My first time here and ofcourse I would prefer it not be because of things like this.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick certain webmasters in the industry are to jump into shit, make accusations or simply stir up things that they havent even looked into.

The minute I got this, I checked the Support Ticket system, what did I find? NOTHING.

Than I checked my email, called the office and asked everyone else to check their email, what did we find? NOTHING.

And since my Icq is always logged on I clicked that bad boy to see if anyone had contacted me there over the last few minutes, what did I find.. NOTHING.

Than I jumped on our Webmaster Forum, yes we have one and have had one for a while now, yet another outlet to make contact with us, ask questions, get updates or find out just about anything you want to find out. What did I find there? NOTHING.

Ive asked this question a million times before and ofcourse Ill ask it again, why is it that certain webmasters immediatley run to webmaster forums where not 1 single person from that Affiliate program might be and attempt to address an issue? It's frankly the most counter productive way to get answers or solutions to problems. There isnt one person here that can answer the question, resolve or even look into the issue listed above.

Now with that said, I've been in this industry for 6 years and every year I hear about the oh sooooo nasty "Summer Slow Down" and honestly I have yet to have 1 year that my sales individually or company wide have dropped during the summer time. Maybe because I choose to work harder over the summer but for whatever reason I have never seen a "Summer Slow Down" yet. Matter of fact 9-11 was the only slow down I have ever seen in 6 years to date.

Now in regards to the issue trust me when I tell you this doesnt thrill me in any way shape or form, regardless of what some of you might think, galleries going 404 costs me money, it doesnt make me money (and Ill be more than happy to explain why if you would like), so I ask that instead of wasting your time and posting an entire Icq dialog box, how about posting more than 1 link se we can get it fixed? That might solve the problem for more than just the people on this forum, and it might give you the opportunity to be part of a solution instead of the problem.
Extreme John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #17
Extreme John

Send a message via ICQ to Extreme John

I would also like to add real quick, that I dont think there's a sponsor program out there to date that hasnt had at least 1 issue since their existance, matter of fact I would venture to say anyone running any adult site of any kind has had an issue or two to say the least.
Extreme John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #18
Paco

John,
(sorry for sounding like a broken record) I wish it were for better reasons, but either way, I'd like tah yah tah AWM.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #19
Yahook
Administrator
Site Admin

Send a message via ICQ to Yahook

Welcome to the board Extreme John

You've answered in this topic and you ready to answer any questions regarding this thread - it's really good. I don't think that you're cheating sponsor.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:15 PM   #20
xsiteu

Send a message via ICQ to xsiteu

Firstly I think some people are assuming that XXXXXX in the dialog is me.

XXXXXX is not me. I am YYYYYYY responding to the suggestion that Extreme are cheating and have not automatically made the same assumption. Check the dialog again and you will see that one of my last comments was:

"r u sure that is an intentional 404 - its a directly listing so to me it seems more like a mistake"

I only posted the dialog here because it occurred on the same day that I was making a reply here at the request of Yahook. I certainly donít think itís a good example ďcheatingĒ and I am inclined to give the benefit of doubt on this occasion given that the 404 page was just a directory listing.

404ís and redirecting (especially FHG) is one way sponsors often do cheat. They can do so periodically always able to claim itís a mistake or error. A sponsor has all the stats and knows the most productive times so do doing it for a few hours every other day can save them heaps.

Anyway to respond to Paco who seems very reasonable I was not upset and had not considered pulling any links or anything. I agree that the right thing to do is first would be contact the sponsor but in this case I have a history with communicating (or should I say not communicating) with Extreme.

About a year ago I tried contacting Extreme for support but all my emails were ignored. At that stage I got pissed of and thought about dumping them but sales with them were very consistent. I would have thought that someone that consistently generated between $1000 and $2000 a month in sales was worth talking to.

About a month after my last email I did get an email response that asked what was wrong. At that point I decided to just leave things how they were and focus on other sponsors. I have not made any new promotions for Extreme in that time.

Another thing not helpful to establishing good communication with Extreme was a response ExtremeChris made to a post on the GG board and in supporting the GG went a bit further than even the GG suggesting I was an idiot. This was my first post on the GG and I committed the sin of adding a sponsor code in a suggestion to someone wanting to know where he could find niche content.
xsiteu is offline   Reply With Quote